As announced at our Annual Member Meeting yesterday (October 25), the election results are in:
In our only competitive race for Associate Director, Kaylyn Kirby Assoc. AIA of Semple Brown rose to the top. The other two candidates, Jing Bao Assoc. AIA of Fentress and Diana Esquivel, Assoc. AIA of CSNA were not that far behind, and virtually tied for second. These three candidates’ enthusiasm and earnest interest in the architectural profession’s future illustrates a swell of passion among our emerging professionals to make a difference for their profession and their peers.
In my humble opinion, it was a missed opportunity last night when the 88 voting members present did not pass the restated bylaws that would have allowed for additional at-large director seats on the AIA Colorado board. The final vote count was 36 in favor and 37 opposed. See the list of Annual Meeting attendees here. Those seats could have been entry points for the other two qualified candidates. I encourage each of them to keep leaning in and pushing for the training, resources and mentorship all emerging professionals need to develop into tomorrow’s firm principals and community leaders as architects.
Please join me in congratulating the 2019 AIA Colorado Board of Directors:
- President: Zachary Taylor, AIA of Taylor Architecture & Design
- President-Elect: Adam Harding, AIA of Roth Sheppard Architects
- Immediate Past President: Carl Hole, AIA of Stantec
- Treasurer: Wells Squier, AIA of Anderson Hallas Architects
- Secretary: Rachael Johnson, AIA of Davis Partnership
- Associate Director: Kaylyn Kirby, Assoc. AIA of Semple Brown
- Director, Denver: Ignacio Correa-Ortiz of RTD
- Director, North: Lee Hardies, AIA of Infusion
- Director, South: Sheva Willoughby, AIA of RTA
- Director, West: Cassidy Sanderson, Assoc. AIA of Poss Architecture
Additionally, the board will be appointing an at-Large director and is currently considering interest among our Professional Affiliate Members to pursue the role. Email Zachary Taylor if interested in learning more.
Enjoy your weekend,