July 10, 2015 the Colorado State Board of Licensure for Architects, Professional Engineers, and Professional Land Surveyors voted to update rules, effective September 1. First, the rules must be submitted to the Attorney General’s Office for final opinion and will then be filed with the Secretary of State and the Office of Legislative Legal Services, and finally published. We will update you when that link becomes available. You may also monitor news at DORA’s website.
- Experience hour requirements (section 4.5) are reduced in most categories to be in line with NCARB’s recommendations
- The stamp is now referred to as a seal, the official design is updated, and the rules clarify how it may be used electronically. However, architects with the old stamps may keep using them. Newly issued seals will have the updated design.
- Continuing education requirements are clarified with a chart in section 4.9.3
- Architects are added to section 4.10 regarding the reporting malpractice and life safety claims, to be in line with 2013 statute changes.
- Section 7.2.1 Record Set Documents – Additional Requirements is a new section in the rules. It was moved here after being removed from state statute.
- Section 7.3 Construction Observation as the Practice of Architecture was repealed because it is now addressed in state statute.
Reminder… 2015 is a license renewal year. Are your Continuing Education Hours up to date? See our Happenings Calendar for opportunities