CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Architect/Project Manager based in our Denver, CO office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and engaging with clients and teams in delivering services to creatively solve problems. This position will also provide business leadership focused on financial success, management of resources, and related staff growth and development.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with Project Principal and Design Leader, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve objectives.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and interview teams, prepare proposals and develop fees. Work with clients and Project Principals to develop and negotiate budgets, schedules, and contracts.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives, provide constructive feedback and mentoring, and identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Responsible for achieving project profitability within parameters specified by the firm and targeted for each project. Work with project accountants to monitor financial aspects of projects. Ensure proper forecasting, billing, timely collection, and related business practices.
- Assure that technical quality of projects is achieved and enforce application of QA/QC process standards and requirements.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way. As necessary, work proactively to obtain approvals for additions to scope of work and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- May assist with the development and implementation of the firm’s business, financial success, alignment and management of office resources, staff growth and development, champion technical quality initiatives, design practice integration (along with Design Leaders) and project process leadership.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Bachelor and/or Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with medium to large-scale projects of varied scale and complexity required. Experience on education or hospitality projects preferred.
- Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Must have experience leading BIM project production teams and have familiarity with Revit.
- Experience with MS Project, Deltek Vision as well as other data management software preferred.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It’s not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.