ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN ASSISTANT
Work Shop Denver
4373 Jason St. Denver, CO 80211
POSITION: ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN ASSISTANT
Work Shop Denver is a full-scale residential design build company located in LoHi/Sunnyside that was established over 11 years ago. We provide architectural and interior design services, along with full-scale construction build and management. As a continuously growing company, that designs 60+ houses a year, we continue to push our level of design and creativity with the growing market.
We are seeking (1) full-time Architectural Design Assistant to join our fast-paced design team. The successful candidate will initially collaborate with the Design Principals and Senior Designers to provide detail-oriented and concise construction drawings. This position requires creative problem solving and collaboration skills and supports the holistic approach to our team’s projects in residential design. In addition to primarily drafting construction drawings, the Architectural Design Assistant will also be responsible for sourcing and specifying interior/exterior elements, facades, finishes and fixtures, and, at times, creating look books and details/designs for unique custom installations and/or built-ins.
- Initially work to transform schematic design into residential construction drawings.
- Diligently complete key roles as a drafter with detail oriented and accurate information.
- Handle general construction drawing detailing, including but not limited to: wall details, window and door selections/schedules/takeoffs, attachment/installation/termination details, etc.
- 3D Modeling in ArchiCAD
- Heavy involvement, coordination, and understanding of construction, project management, vendor relationships, bidding, and estimating.
- Quickly solve problems and initiate solutions in a timely manner.
- Due-Diligence and research in material, system or product specifications. (i.e. tile, plumbing, etc)
- Maintain and improve standards in company design and templates.
- Review all work for completeness, accuracy, and adhere to schedule.
- 2+ years of design or drafting experience, specifically residential
- Proficiency in ArchiCad or 3D modeling equivalent
- Preferred Bachelor’s in Architecture/Design or equivalent
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and work well under tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Applicant must be a team player with a positive and professional attitude that is reliable, while also being capable of working independently.
- Rendering skills preferred
- Strong, resourceful, and meticulous problem solving skills.
- Well rounded construction understanding (field/as-built experience preferred)
6 Paid Holidays:
New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
Health, Vision and Dental coverage
*$40,000-$50,000 Based on portfolio and experience.
Salary paid bi-weekly, PTO, Expenses reimbursed, Full Health Insurance Benefits
PLEASE PROVIDE RESUME & PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE JOB.