CCY is looking for a talented and passionate Designer to join our collaborative culture!
WHO WE ARE
Located in Basalt, Colorado (outside of Aspen), CCY is a progressive, sustainably minded architecture firm with a range of national and international experience including custom residential, resort, recreation, hospitality, and community-based projects.
Design is our passion – we live and breathe it. We create inspired, original design solutions that connect people to place, nature, and each other in meaningful, memorable ways. Our forward-looking designs speak to the legacy and traditions of each projects’ location.
CCY is a nimble, 35-plus person firm, priding itself on a collaborative team design approach and a culture of health and wellbeing. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the environment in which we live. Because we are passionate designers who work together, we rely on our team members to be agile and flexible, humble but driven, with a client focused mindset.
POSITION WITHIN THE TEAM
A Designer (D1) at CCY produces work under close supervision of more experienced staff with both accuracy and completeness. The candidate must interact effectively with several project teams, and is often engaged in refining drawings or design elements that have been initiated by others. The Designer sets their own personal goals and requests tasks to broaden their experience, and provides feedback to project leaders regarding task setting for project team.
- Production of design sketches and digital graphics
- Creation of renderings, walk-throughs, and other presentation materials
- Development of elevations, sections, details, and schedules
- Creation and modification of drawings
- Sustainability tracking and reporting administration
- Contribution to design discussions and critiques
- Collaboration with and support of Job Captain and Project Manager
- “Pinch-Hit” support of teams for deadlines and immediate needs
- 1-3 years’ of applied professional work experience
- An NAAB accredited professional degree in architecture
- Exceptionally strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as digital and hand sketching and rendering techniques
- Ability to move nimbly between different teams, tasks, and phases of projects – flexibility and curiosity are highly valued for this position
- Shows the potential to learn and grow with experience