About Our People
Excellent design can’t happen without exceptional people. This value continues to guide our growth. We hire talented people, inspire them with work that they love, and build a team that becomes a family.
About Our Search
Our Denver office is looking for a Colorado Designer to join the Higher Education Studio. This individual will manage, organize and coordinate with the technical design project teams throughout the design process to successfully execute architectural projects. Client management and construction phase experience is also desired. This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to grow their career into a leadership position.
About the Position
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ scope, design philosophy and provides input in developing a design and building performance strategy. Effectively conveys this to team members.
- Leads the project’s delivery methodology to best suit the client’s needs.
- Leads the technical design effort, detailed design and scope development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work.
- Meets with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction to ensure the project design meets applicable codes.
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants and other resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions.
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent.
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems.
- Delivers complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation.
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and other submissions for conformance with the Contract Documents.
- Conducts site observations activities including follow-up documentation.
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and owner presentations as required.
- 5-10 years of experience in the Architectural field
- Experience in Higher Education design
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with project teams
- Excellent design, graphic and presentation skills
- Experience leading client meetings and sub-consultant coordination
- Strong Revit skills
- Experience in preparing construction documents and construction administration
- Strong knowledge of building codes and regulations
- LEED credentials are a plus
About Our Culture
Creative. Entrepreneurial. Responsible. Caring. We work hard to achieve something special. We’re flexible, and we care about helping people to realize their potential.