KTGY is an international full-service architecture and planning firm. Our architects and planners combine big picture opportunities, modern sustainable practices and impeccable design standards to help create developments and communities of enduring value. Organized to deliver the most specialized service possible and enriched by the depth and diversity of our team members, our studios are staffed by creative and collaborative leaders empowered to continually push for better.
THE DENVER STUDIO
Collaborative and creative, the KTGY Denver office high-density and for-sale studios focus on mixed-use, infill, age focused, affordable and single-family communities. Communication and connectivity are key to designing thriving and sustainable neighborhoods. Driven to innovate and to give back we can be found hosting design charettes and supporting local charities. Join us today and positively impact the communities in which we live, work and design.
Working as part of KTGY’s acclaimed High Density Studio, the ideal candidate can actively balance project requirements, produce architectural design solutions through site planning, building planning and elevation design as well as support senior leaders without timidity. At KTGY we foster free thinking, suggesting improvements to not only the design aesthetic but also programming is encouraged. You need to be able to articulate your design and vision, both visually, verbally and in writing, to the client and those you are working with. If you are ambitious, artistic, eager and trainable, and looking to start with a company that nurtures creativity see below for more information.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to research and learn various codes and ordinances
- Ability to work on multiple projects and maintain effective communication and quality control
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, direct work of self and others
- Ability to generate design concepts from a blank piece of paper
- Understanding of scale, proportion, and color harmony.
- Basic understanding and proficiency using the following software:
- AutoCad and REVIT
- Sketch Up
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office
- Minimum of 3+ years industry experience
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- 4-year Architectural degree preferred and/or combination of required education and experience.
- Intermediate understanding of building codes, including national and state local codes.
- Specialized knowledge of various product types, code requirements, and construction practices and how to apply, detail, and specify them.
Qualifications / Behaviors
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Bachelors or better in Architecture or related field.