About Humphries Poli Architects
Humphries Poli Architects (HPA) is a professional corporation founded in 1994 with a commitment to leadership in architectural design excellence. We create livable communities through buildings that ennoble the site, inspire the participants, sustain the resources, and bring joy to users. Notable achievements include the AIA Western Mountain Region Firm of the Year, AIA Colorado Firm of the Year, and the AIA Denver Firm of the Year.
We are located in the thriving uptown neighborhood and offer a fast paced and fun place to work.
Designer Job Description
Humphries Poli Architects is currently seeking to fill a position with hard-working, energetic candidates that have 3-5+ years of hands-on office experience. Candidates must have a strong interest in historic preservation and working knowledge of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards, be well-versed in REVIT, and be eager for new challenges. Experience as a project intern or architect with BIM management is highly desired.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works with project design team through design and construction phases
- Ensures project documentation conforms with office standards
- Collaborates on project design, prepares presentations, and executes design documentation
- Researches, understands, and applies building codes
- Leads proactive coordination process with consultants
- Researches and specifies building materials, systems, and products
- Seeks to improve quality of project design and documentation
- Actively mentors junior staff
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Ensures info from PM is being incorporated into the design
- Aware of project scope, schedule, and budget from PM
- Proactively communicate project status and helps plan and achieve project milestones and goals with Project Manager
- 3-5+ years working within an architectural office
- Preferably licensed or working toward licensure
- Masters degree in Architecture with an emphasis in Historic Architecture, Technical Preservation, Architectural History or related discipline
- Demonstrated interest in historic preservation and adaptive reuse
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and REVIT required. Adobe Creative Suite proficiency is preferred
- Applicants must be problem-solvers with experience and interest with building investigations, research, report writing, material conservation/restoration, and construction document development
- Able to assume primary responsibility for small projects with senior supervision
- Ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently, while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- Half Day Fridays 4/9 1/3 days