Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking an experienced Interior Designer staff member. This position will be located in Denver, able to support our projects in the Colorado region, in addition to remotely serving our national portfolio. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including a background in hospitality work.
MHOA’s projects include residential, commercial, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit sharing.
With studios in both Austin and Houston, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Some of our notable projects and clients include: the LINE Austin Hotel, South Congress Hotel, Uchi, Birdcall, Snooze, McWhinney, Skanska, Hattie B’s, Ford Fry, Mendocino Farms, and many more. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
– Registered interior designer preferred
– Strong design skills
– 5+ years’ experience in design
– Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
– Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
– Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
– Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
– Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
– Design of projects on a variety of scales
– Translation of design concepts into construction documents
– Highly motivated self-starter
– Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
– Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
– Consultant coordination
– Code research and land use feasibility
– Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.