With offices in downtown Aspen and Carbondale, Charles Cunniffe Architects seeks an experienced and talented Job Captain to join our thriving and collaborative design studio.
CCA is a collective of individuals who share a common goal of creating meaningful, progressive and sustainable designs. With a purpose and passion to bring thoughtful, healthy buildings to life, we are both community members and community makers – at home in Colorado, and designing beyond. Our firm’s focus on well-being is evidenced by our inclusion on OUTSIDE Magazine’s ‘Best Places to Work’ in the US for five consecutive years. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and excel at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of national, international and regional publications and we’re known as strong community stewards. To learn more, visit our website.
About the Position
The Job Captain is an essential role within our collaborative studio. With a portfolio that includes legacy residential and commercial projects, fire safety, affordable housing, municipal/community-based buildings, non-profit work, planning and interiors, the variety offered within our small boutique firm, allows us to match employees’ project desires with project-types in design. Ideal candidates are creative thinkers who are balanced with practical technical skills, career-minded, organized, self-motivated, collaborative, technically savvy, and great communicators.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Proficient in CAD systems (Revit), rendering and presentation software applications
- Must possess an understanding of the design process
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Dedicated to pursuing design excellence as a guiding CCA principle
- Develops design and technical solutions under the supervision of a Project Architect/Manager or Senior Project Architect/Manager
- Coordinates project design and develops creative-design concepts
- Prepares presentation materials in print and digital form
- The ability to work on several projects at the same time in an efficient manner
- Expected to work within the firm’s ethos as community and environmental stewards, with a strong work ethic and pursuit for balanced live/work culture
CCA offers full-time employees a generous benefits package including matching 401K, annual wellness benefit, low deductible and comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, FSA plan, flex-time, two-office locations, ample vacation and personal time off, in-house continuing education, state-of-the-art computer systems and software suites.