Design Professional – Job Captain (3+ years)
Tryba Architects is a Denver-based firm with a national reputation for design excellence specializing in the full integration of architecture, interior design, urban design and preservation. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Job Captain with at least three years’ experience in commercial/institutional and multi-family construction. Ideal candidates possess a strong design portfolio and are proficient with REVIT, SketchUp, Bluebeam, and Adobe Suite; Rhino, Enscape and 3DS Max knowledge a plus.
- Strong design creativity and technical proficiency
- Previous experience working with of all phases of the design process
- Previous experience working on urban development projects, including design and collateral for project vision and values; site planning and programming; urban design guidelines; and general understanding of planning/entitlement processes.
- Excellent communication skills – collaborating directly with partners of the firm during all phases of design and drawing production.
- Familiarity with sustainable design concepts and the LEED rating system
- Motivated to develop and sustain personal and professional relationships with the firm’s officers, principals and staff allowing for open interaction, honest dialogue and productive feedback. From these interactions, able to give to others and gain from others a sense of strength, personal, and professional growth and enjoyment.
- Graduate or professional degree from an accredited school of Architecture
- Minimum 3 years of Professional Experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Knowledge of the project management and construction administration processes for commercial/institutional and multi-family construction.
- Knowledge of managing budgets, schedules, and communication with clients and consultants.
- Multi-tasking/time management skills: the ability to work on several projects at the same time in a production role.