CCY is looking for a talented Job Captain to join our collaborative culture!
WHO WE ARE
Located in Basalt, Colorado (outside of Aspen), CCY is a progressive, sustainably minded architecture firm with a range of national and international experience including custom residential, resort, recreation, hospitality, and community-based projects.
Design is our passion – we live and breathe it. We create inspired, original design solutions that connect people to place, nature, and each other in meaningful, memorable ways. Our forward-looking designs speak to the legacy and traditions of each projects’ location.
CCY is a nimble, 35-plus person firm, priding itself on a collaborative team design approach and a culture of health and wellbeing. Employees are encouraged to take advantage of the environment in which we live. Because we are passionate designers who work together, we rely on our team members to be agile and flexible, humble but driven, with a client focused mindset.
POSITION WITHIN THE TEAM
A Job Captain at CCY produces design and production documents and is expected to provide knowledgeable input on a range of project elements. The Job Captain must demonstrate an understanding of the construction industry and have a developing discernment of exemplary architectural design and an appropriate level of documentation. They must demonstrate the ability to produce portions of the work (design sketches and graphics, construction documents and details, etc.) with sufficient competence to assume direct responsibility for accuracy and quality. The candidate must interact effectively with the project team and be able to generate visual and functional design. Limited client contact is anticipated. The Job Captain will set their own personal goals and request tasks to broaden their experience.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to work in a team environment
- Exemplary organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptionally strong design and graphic abilities
- Work in close collaboration with Project Manager
- Creation of renderings, walk-throughs, and other presentation materials
- Development of elevations, sections, details, and schedules
- Coordination of work with engineers and other consultants
- Construction phase responsibilities, including submittal and RFI reviews and site visits
- Quality Assurance
- Develop technical specifications for sustainability goals
- Sustainability administration – duties for both design and construction contracts spanning from credit inception through documentation, including reports, tracking updates and submittals.
- 4-7 years of applied professional work experience
- An NAAB accredited professional degree in architecture
- An understanding of how to put a full set of documents together
- Exceptionally strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience with consultant management and coordination between scopes
- Extensive detailing experience
- REVIT literacy is required
- Fluent in Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, and both hand and digital sketching and rendering techniques
- Working technical knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures