VFLA Architecture + Interiors has an Immediate opportunity for technically-focused Project Architect/Designer with 3+ years of experience who is interested in contributing to and thriving in a positive, studio environment located in Old Town Fort Collins. Our firm works on a wide range of project types for both private and public clients, and has a culture that is energetic, collaborative and open.
Responsibilities include all phases of design through construction administration, project management and client contact. Effectively demonstrate technical detailing and problem- solving skills on complex project types. Must be a good communicator and willing to be a technical resource for project teams.
- Work under the supervision of senior staff developing and preparing drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents including developing design sketches, renderings, graphics, details, sections, elevations and schedules.
- Works under the supervision of senior staff on budgets, schedules, and programs
- Works under the supervision of senior staff with clients, consultants, and general contractors
- Research building materials and systems, building codes and regulations.
- Actively and interdependently learn and gain new knowledge.
- Help solve problems in a positive manner.
- Prepare documents in REVIT.
- Have Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Demonstrate professional drive, leadership and the desire to succeed
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Experienced in construction document preparation and field observation
- Facility in dealing with governmental agencies and construction codes
- Working knowledge of engineering disciplines
- Excellent communication skills – written, graphic, and spoken – on paper and in person
- Proven to work well both in teams and independently
- Exemplary organizational and leadership skills
- Experienced in architectural project management systems
- Adobe Creative Suite
- SketchUp – preferred
- Microsoft 365
- Hand sketching and digital rendering experience
We offer a diverse and energetic working environment and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA plans.
Please send your resume and sample portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org