With offices in downtown Aspen and Carbondale, Charles Cunniffe Architects seeks an experienced and talented Project Architect/Manager to join our thriving and collaborative design studio.
CCA is a collective of individuals who share a common goal of creating meaningful, progressive and sustainable designs. With a purpose and passion to bring thoughtful, healthy buildings to life, we are both community members and community makers – at home in Colorado, and designing beyond. Our firm’s focus on well-being is evidenced by our inclusion on OUTSIDE Magazine’s ‘Best Places to Work’ in the US for five consecutive years. We’re an award-winning firm whose team members are fun, family-oriented, and excel at what they do. Our projects have been featured in a variety of national, international and regional publications and we’re known as strong community stewards. To learn more, visit our website.
About the Position
The Project Architect/Manager is an essential role within our collaborative studio. With a portfolio that includes legacy residential and commercial projects, fire safety, affordable housing, municipal/community-based buildings, non-profit work, planning and interiors, the variety offered within our small boutique firm, allows us to match employees’ project desires with project-types in design. Ideal candidates are creative thinkers who are balanced with practical technical skills, career-minded, organized, self-motivated, collaborative, technically savvy, and great communicators.
- 5 to 8 years of professional experience
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Proficient in CAD systems, rendering and presentation software applications
- Experience managing complex projects with direct client interface
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills
- Knowledge of building codes and construction detailing
- Ability to coordinate and lead the work of other team members
- Dedicated to pursuing design excellence as a guiding principle
- Serve as the primary client contact
- Manages all client correspondence throughout the design process
- Ultimate responsibility for finished plans, specifications, design detailing, materials, technical drawings and construction administration
- Responsible for managing all consultants and ensuring consultant services maintain compliance with intended scope
- Prepares and manages project proposals, schedule, budget, consultants, staff delegation, phase durations, presentations, navigates the project through appropriate approvals processes
- Assists with firm-wide marketing efforts, staff mentoring, and expected to work independently and within a team environment
- Expected to work within the firm’s ethos as community and environmental stewards, with a strong work ethic and pursuit for balanced live/work culture
CCA offers full-time employees a generous benefits package including matching 401K, annual wellness benefit, low deductible and comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, FSA plan, flex-time, two-office locations, ample vacation and personal time off, in-house continuing education, state-of-the-art computer systems and software suites.