BFAD is offering an environment of increased responsibility and opportunity to accelerate your career. We offer competitive salaries, as well as, accept and encourage a flexible work environment. BFAD is seeking creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence and thrive in a small work environment.
5-10 Years Experience
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Completion of five or six-year architectural degree program.
- Professional experience having worked in all phases of project delivery.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of staff, clients, consultants, authorities, and vendors.
- Enthusiastic commitment to project research, a multidisciplinary design process, and a team-focused environment.
- Ability to adopt new skills and responsibilities, identify and focus on critical tasks, and contribute on all phases of project work.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies, construction techniques and costs.
- Proficiency in Revit is required.
- Knowledge of the Mac operating system will be beneficial but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify project schedules and courses of action for entitlement, design, and documentation.
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project.
- Collaborate on project design, prepare presentations, and execute design documentation.
- Direct meetings and presentations as appropriate.
- Conduct a thorough and proactive coordination process with consultants.
- Resolve complex technical and design issues.
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews.
- Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction.
- Improve the quality and value of project design and documentation.
- Deliberately and positively mentor junior staff.
BFAD offers opportunities to work on challenging and exciting projects, competitive salaries, wellness, retirement, and other work/life plans. We are excited to offer multiple opportunities to join our collaborative design practice and build a strong and thriving career.