At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record’s 2019 “Top 500 Design Firms” and #1 2019 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
About Buildings + Places
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide architectural leadership on complex projects.
- Lead the development of contract documents
- Prepare architectural plans, elevations, sections, details and specifications
- Conduct quality control reviews of contract documents prior to issuance to client
- Coordinate internal AECOM and external A/E disciplines for successful outcomes during construction
- Evaluate contractor’s progress during construction and provide recommendations
- Coordinate and attend design reviews with clients, project managers, and municipal agencies
- Validate design decisions based on cost analysis with an understanding of logistics and procurement efficiencies
- Stay current with new design software developments (i.e., BIM, Revit, Autodesk 360, Dynamo, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Apply creative design thinking to client’s business problems to help maximize value of AECOM’s service to the client
- Collaborate with AECOM regional leadership to help develop and garner greater design focus, methodologies, process, and design excellence philosophy
- BA/BS Architecture (BArch) + 4 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Licensed Architect
- Highly Proficient in Autodesk Revit
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Experience with Bluebeam, Navisworks and Dynamo
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency with Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to meet quality, schedule and budget expectations
- Desire to be mentored by leadership and provide mentorship to junior staff
- Excellent oral and written communication skills Detail-oriented and technical, yet experienced enough to see the big picture
- Must be a highly motivated self- starter with solid writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to work independently and lead large groups of technical minded people with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team- oriented work environment
- Relocation is not offered with this position
- Sponsorship for US Work Authorization is not offered with this position
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.