Shape Architecture Studio is a small collaborative company specializing in high performance, contemporary architecture. We are building science experts, and leverage our expertise to create buildings with unparalleled health, comfort, durability, and near-zero energy use. We listen, collaborate, observe, and innovate, to create exceptional, site-specific design. Our projects range in scale from ADUs to multifamily.
We are looking for an architectural project architect/ project manager to join our team.
You will work in all phases of design, from Schematic to Construction Administration, under supervision of a principal. You will:
- Coordinate, develop, and refine in-process designs
- Coordinate with consultants
- Communicate design ideas and intent through graphic representation (plans, elevations etc; hand sketching; 3D rendering)
- Interface directly with clients
- Participate in/ lead design discussions and charrettes
- Initiate/ refine design concepts
- Software skills: Adobe suite, Archicad.
- Strong communication skills: sketching/ drawing, written, verbal
- Passion for sustainability
- Knowledge of construction – past work for contractors or other hands-on experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task, shift gears quickly
- Fast learner/ problem solver; curious, inventive, motivated, and self-driven
- Architecture Degree, M.Arch preferred.
- 4 to 8 years architectural experience.
- Architecture license preferred
Compensation will be dependent on experience. Shape is an equal opportunity employer; we embrace and value diversity. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume and work sample (<20mb).