STV, Inc. currently is seeking an Architect, based out of our Denver, Colorado office for our Building & Facilities division. STV, Inc. specializes in the planning, organization, and development of buildings and facilities design. As an architect with STV, you will enjoy outstanding opportunities for innovation, challenging design, and direct collaboration with project team members from architectural and engineering disciplines.
STV has an opening in our, Denver, CO office for a Registered Project Architect.
The Architect will have experience working with an architectural/engineering team in preparing documents for both new construction and renovations; and preparing documents for building type projects in the Science &Technology, and Federal and Intelligence Community sectors.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead Architectural Design work from programming and concept design through construction documentation for projects requiring interface and collaboration with various disciplines and consultants.
- Determine collectively with project management, the technical approach and design criteria for projects.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, manage and oversee the work of lower-level architects who assist with projects.
- Develop design details, plans and specifications.
- Prepare architectural drawings, utilizes a strong knowledge of building technology; and/or supervises their execution for all phases of a project.
- Perform independent investigations, studies, and architectural analysis.
- Contribute new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Execute code analysis, material selections, and coordinates with specifications writer.
- Conduct site and construction inspections for information-gathering purposes, and preparation of design reports.
- Lead and coach junior architectural staff
- Ensure conformance with standards, established architectural practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and construction
- Review shop drawings and Requests for Information
- A Professional Degree in Architecture is required with 8 + years of registered experience
- Experience with SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) and ICD 705 projects are required
- Proficiency with BIM / Revit, Blue Beam and Microsoft Office Suite are required.
- Photoshop, Sketchup, Enscape and Vray rendering is a plus
- Excellent design, presentation skills, both verbal and visual, and strong knowledge for generating technical details that are constructible is essential
- The candidate should be a self-starter with a passion for problem solving, and an understanding that project success comes through teamwork, and a firm focus on client needs
- Must be a US Citizen