About Our People
Excellent design can’t happen without exceptional people. This value continues to guide our growth. We hire talented people, inspire them with work that they love, and build a team that becomes a family.
About Our Search
HCM’s award winning Senior Living and Affordable Housing Studio consists of innovators in areas of Senior Living and Affordable Housing design. We are nationally recognized for creating environments that enrich the lives of residents, allowing them to age with vibrancy and dignity. We aim to enhance the communities in which our projects are located, and our passion is to support lifelong learning. We promote physical, social and environmental wellness and build enduring relationships with our clients.
Our Denver Office is looking for a strong Project Architect to join the Senior Living and Affordable Housing Studio. Our next team member will have excellent communication, design, graphic and visualization skills. This individual will manage, organize and coordinate with the design and technical project teams throughout the design process to successfully execute architectural projects.
About the Position
- Develops a thorough understanding of projects’ design philosophy; provides input in developing a design and building performance strategy; and effectively conveys this to assigned team members when appropriate
- Contributes to project’s technical design effort, subsequent detailed design development, project coordination and quality control efforts during all phases of project work, in close collaboration with Senior Designer
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documents to support these solutions
- Actively collaborates with and coordinates work of consultants, contractors and knowledge resources to ensure the project deliverables are coordinated, integrated and support the design concept and performance goals of the project
- Contributes to the preparation of design documents and detailed development of construction documents during all project phases
- Delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project documentation
- Advances the production of schematic, design development and construction documents in compliance with project scope, schedule, cost and design intent
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and systems
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD’s for conformance with design
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, site observations, etc.)
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors during all project phases, participating in marketing, client and owner presentations as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect (Preferred)
- 6-8 years of experience in the Architectural field
- Experience with Senior Living and/or Affordable Housing projects (Preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in providing high quality design for vulnerable populations
- Excellent design, graphic and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with project teams
- Experience participating in client meetings and sub-consultant coordination
- Strong Revit skills
- Experience in preparing construction documents and construction administration
- Strong knowledge of building codes and regulations
- LEED credentials are a plus
About Our Culture
Creative. Entrepreneurial. Responsible. Caring. We work hard and play hard with the goal of achieving something special for all involved. We don’t over plan, we look for opportunities. We’re flexible, and we care about helping people to realize their potential.