QA/QC Specialist for Commercial Construction Projects
Please apply at:
**** $3,000 Signing Bonus available for this position. Signing Bonus only available if candidate does not utilize a third-party recruiting firm/staffing agency to apply. Conditions apply. Current employees not eligible for hiring bonus. ****
Monitor and assist with the implementation and documentation of Shaw’s QAQC program at the project level, for multiple projects concurrently. Specifically, is responsible to review the on-site project team’s written QAQC plan, monitor compliance with such plan on a bi-weekly basis, perform independent inspections of key components of work as determined by the QAQC Manager, and provide support to project teams when necessary. Responsible to protect and promote the interest of Shaw in all matters.
- Assist each project team with developing a project specific QAQC Plan.
- Conduct bi-weekly (every two weeks) inspections of each project to monitor and measure compliance with the plan.
- Verify project documentation through an audit of the plan documents and independent inspection of the team’s work.
- Assist the team with plan revisions throughout the duration of the project as required.
- As directed by the QAQC Manager, complete independent inspections of key building components / systems.
- Provide a written QAQC compliance summary for each project monthly to be distributed to the Construction Manager and Executive Operations Management Team.
- For every project, conduct a pre-punchlist meeting with project team 30 days in advance to ensure they have a solid plan in place to complete this critical phase of the project.
- Facilitate a handoff meeting from operations to warranty, ensuring the punchlist is complete and accepted prior to initiating the warranty reporting and tracking system.
- Periodically solicit feedback from the Warranty Department for the purposed of evaluating the effectiveness of the QAQC program.
- At the end of the warranty period, facilitate a post job review with operations and warranty. Document performance of both, and share any lessons learned.
- Provide similar services to the Shaw Self-Perform Services group.
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required
Bachelor degree and at least eight years of building construction experience required, of which five years must have been spent in the field as an engineer or superintendent. Experience must include turn-over of residential units to clients and property managers.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general construction practices and techniques, construction document reading, and construction means, methods and materials. Knowledge and experience with residential construction, particularly the punchlist, turnover and customer service process are a must. Computer skills and a familiarity with database construction documents programs such as Procore is required. Must be capable of working independently and possess strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Daily travel to multiple jobsite locations is required and will often require overnight stays during the work week. A good driving record (to be confirmed) is critical. A company vehicle is provided for work related travel.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid) and Voluntary Life & AD&D Insurance (employee paid)
- Long-term Disability Insurance (company paid)
- Short-term Disability, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Insurance (employee paid)