Title: Senior Construction Litigation Analyst and/or Architectural Expert Witness
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Category: Construction – Advisory
Reporting to: Advisory Service Line Manager
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! With 24 offices in North America and the Caribbean in addition to over a hundred global offices and over 3,500 staff worldwide, RLB has a truly global reach while still offering a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
RLB is an award-winning international firm, known for providing property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the construction cycle. Utilizing its many years of experience and professionally trained employees, RLB continues to firmly establish itself as one of the major players in the construction industry throughout the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Our employees are involved in a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from sports arenas and healthcare to higher education and convention centers.
As a privately held company, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide extensive opportunities for professional growth while working on exciting projects while providing an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Overview of Role
The Senior Construction Litigation Analyst and/or Architectural Expert Witness provides analysis on construction claims, schedules, and contracts. An Architect would also serve as a forensic investigator and Standard-of-Care expert witness for design.
- Understands and combines data from a variety data sources, to create and support meaningful project budgets, schedules, forecasts, and cash flow analyses for departmental team.
- Assists in identification and implementation of key metrics utilizing, external benchmarks, and internal data, by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
- Ability to provide expert testimony at trial or arbitration
- Review and opine on design and construction claims;
- Reviewing and commenting on design and construction claims arising from complex issues
- Analyzing impacts and delays using accepted industry methodologies
- Ensures contract policy compliance.
- Analyze quantum impact;
- Perform schedule impact analysis;
- Perform construction defect inspections and analysis;
- Draft expert opinion reports;
- Discuss and present findings with client owners, contractors, or attorneys;
The Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Structural Engineering, Cost Estimating or related field or paralegal degree with construction emphasis.
- If also a registrant/licensed professional; a current registration/license in Colorado (and/or other states).
- Have drafted expert opinion reports; Experience working on design and construction projects and knowledge of construction contracts; Ability to read and understand construction drawings and project documents; Knowledge of construction schedules; Understanding of construction claims.
- Understanding the methodology for preparing or reviewing claims; Ability to perform legal research on design and construction claim issues to support expert opinions; Ability to perform workmanship and building code research to support expert opinions.
- Minimum 10+ years of working experience in Construction Litigation, Claims Damages, EOT Claims or similar field.
- Certifications required in any of the following: Registered/Licensed Professional, CFCE, PMP, PSP, AACE, Claims Forensics, Advanced Certification in Scheduling or similar certifications.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary.
- Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines.
- Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone.
- Experience in and around outdoor construction sites, knowledge in the use of proper personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, boots, vests, etc).
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.