YOW Architects – Colorado Springs, CO
YOW Architects is a booming firm established over 40 years ago, located in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs. We have built a solid base of repeat and referral clients, with most of our projects focused on the Pikes Peak Region and Colorado Front Range. Our extensive years of experience are reflected in a wide range of project types including: office buildings, churches, financial institutions, healthcare facilities, retail, multi-family housing, Department of Defense contracts, building shells, tenant finishes and planning.
We are looking to grow our hard-working team by seeking a driven and professional Project Architect and Intern. Our variety of projects and timelines require each position to be flexible and able to manage multiple projects and tasks. Professionals with varied levels of experience are encouraged to submit their qualifications to join our team. Qualified candidates will enjoy working on unique projects and have experience in all phases of the design process. Both positions are involved on all phases of design and construction.
We value our firm employees by offering medical and dental insurance as well as Simple IRA options, and paid vacation and sick leave. YOW Architects is an equal-opportunity employer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs, produces and executes a complete set of construction documents from site plan to finish details to meet project requirements.
- Utilizes strong design skills to complete planning, schematic design, building department approval process, construction documents, revisions and construction administration.
- Works with the YOW team to develop creative designs and space plans for the project.
- Collaborates regularly with a variety of team members to maintain quality production and project schedules including city planning, building department, and engineers.
- Maintains active involvement and professional communication with clients in all phases of design to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
- Proves ability to work on multiple projects and different project phases at one time while meeting deadlines. Handles tight deadlines, a fast-paced environment, and problem-solving comfortably.
- Upholds workload expectations of 40 hours per week with willingness to work beyond standard business hours to complete projects on time.
- Refines working knowledge of current building codes, ADA and zoning requirements for a variety of property types and uses.
- Exhibits daily self-motivation, drive and professionalism. Possesses strong attention to detail and values submitting quality work.
- Senior Project Architect: 5+ years of professional architectural experience.
- Intern: 1-5 years of professional architectural experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture or related degree from an accredited program.
- License with State of Colorado (or able to obtain reciprocity within one year of employment).
- Living in local Colorado Springs or local surrounding area preferred.
- Developed skills in design and construction process of buildings.
- Proficiency with Revit strongly preferred.
- Experience with additional software such as SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and portfolio to Adam Thesing at email@example.com.
Visit www.yowarch.com to learn more about our firm. We look forward to hearing from you!