OZ Architecture is known locally and nationally for innovative and award-winning architecture. Our 55-year history has established OZ as an anchor in Denver’s creative community with our design studio located in the thriving arts neighborhood of RiNo (River North Arts District). Our culture is casual, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and one that promotes learning, development, and advancement of all employees. We have a wide range of architectural and interior design practice areas and encourage our staff to explore each of them to discover what best suits their passions. We are driven by our mission of creating inspired environments through the free exchange of ideas and are looking for enthusiastic, creative, and talented professionals to join our outstanding team.
Position Summary: Expertise in multiple areas of sustainability. Leads the sustainability certification process for multiple projects in all practice areas across the firm. Collaborates with the Director of Sustainability-on-Sustainability Committee initiatives, marketing efforts, education, and outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project coordination of all aspects of sustainability within projects including sustainability strategy development, documentation of credits in design and construction phases, product specification, drawing and specification review, construction admin submittal review, coordinating with contractors, project team and design consultants.
- Collaborates on internal office sustainable operations and practices, tool and resource development, staff training, and serves as a subject matter expert to project teams and staff.
- Prepares sustainable narratives and graphics for marketing proposals. Assists marketing department to create sustainable case studies and marketing materials.
- Provides additional client services such as assisting clients with rebate/incentive programs, development of policies, signage, and other requested services.
- Coordinates the needs of the client, designer and technical staff, and outside consultants
- Coordinates and reviews consultant work and project deliverables for project certification
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and alternative solutions to resolve problems
- Maintains solid knowledge of sustainability standards/codes/regulations and technical issues.
- Develops and implements cost saving and efficiency measures.
- Prepares project reports, budgets, schedules, team communications, informs PIC of critical issues and observes limited site construction for conformance with sustainability certification requirements
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree related to Sustainable Design, Architecture or equivalent and usually two (2) or more years of experience leading the certification process.
- LEED AP with specialty required, WELL AP or other accreditations desirable.
- Experience with the certification process, multiple LEED rating systems and other rating systems such as Green Communities, ENERGY STAR for Homes, WELL, Fitwel, and Green Globes.
- Familiarity with architectural working drawings and specifications.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, graphics programs (InDesign, SketchUp). AutoCAD or Revit knowledge a plus. Sefaira and Lightstanza experience desirable.
Salary and Benefits:
We reward hard work and focus on providing employees with opportunities to advance. We also encourage building strong personal bonds with each other, because everyone knows that all work and no play gets old, real fast. That’s why we have a kickball team, sketch club, community service program, health-wellness activities, employee art show, office dogs and regular employee events.
Salary range: $65,000-$75,000 depending on knowledge, skills and experience. Benefits: medical, dental, vision, wellness, LTD, Life Insurance, 401k, PTO.