Make the move to one of the Best Places to Work as recognized by the Denver Business Journal 3 years in a row! At KEPHART, we pride ourselves on recognizing that good ideas come from everywhere. Our philosophy at KEPHART is that everyone deserves a well-designed place to live, work and play. We focus our energy on our culture first, to create an atmosphere where everyone’s voices and vision are heard and explored. In this environment, inspired architecture follows. We value work-life balance. We place emphasis on our employees’ personal growth, providing the flexibility and collaboration that a modern, dynamic office environment demands. That’s why we need you!
This specific position will see you taking control of the majority of townhome and attached single-family projects within the firm, through all phases of design.
As a firm that has had a long standing and thriving townhome product load, we are looking for an individual that has true interest in the product type and a willingness to jump in and take on multiple projects at the same time.
This role is best suited for a candidate who has interest in greater control in their work and is driven by having a personally vested interest in their projects. The position requires a keen and established history of the townhome product type, experience in navigating multiple projects through the planning, design and permitting processes as well as honed interpersonal communication skills.
You will possess a deep understanding of the townhome design process, consultant coordination, building and municipal codes, construction methods and the ability to solve for complex architectural and engineering design problems.
You will likely be (or have been) an architect or someone that has intimate knowledge and experience with managing or constructing this type of product.
- 8+ years of experience
- A strong understanding of townhome construction
- Good ability to navigate and interpret codes, including IRC, IBC, and zoning codes
- Excellence in Revit with a minimum of 3 years on the job experience
- Multi-family or Single-family experience, minimum 3 years preferred
- Exceptional ability to self-manage and with specific attention to detail, organizational skills, time management and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and team oriented attitude
Range of Responsibilities
- Manage and document multiple small/medium townhome projects
- Coordinates all aspects of assigned projects
- Estimates scope of work
- Collaborates with team members, coordinates work effort within office and/or with consultants
- Directly interface with clients, city personnel and contractors during all phases of a project
- Accountable to Principals for quality and timeliness of the work
- Assembles project documentation from schematics through construction drawings
- Medical/Dental/Vision- active on the first day!
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Generous PTO/ Holiday Pay
- Flexible hours with the potential to work from home part-time
- Offices in RiNo and DTC