You became an architect because you’re passionate about the way the world around us is designed.
Once you join as an AIA Colorado member, we’ll celebrate your exemplary work and your commitment to the profession and support your career progression. We’ll help you advocate for sensible public policies that protect the architects. We’ll support you in designing places that are built to last and positively impacting communities. And we’ll connect you with your fellow Colorado design professionals, and with resources and programs that will propel architecture into the future.
Your AIA Colorado Membership Gives You Access to:
- A network of more than 2,500 top design professionals in Colorado and 90,000 across the U.S.
- The ability to distinguish yourself with the AIA credential after your name, which symbolizes a licensed architect who is committed to the highest standards
- Visibility among potential clients and developers through our “Find an Architect” tool and online member directory
- Support for both job seekers and hiring managers through the AIA Colorado job board
- Opportunities to get engaged and make a difference in your community through one of our committees, task forces or knowledge communities
- The ability to advocate on behalf of architects, with AIA Colorado by your side
- Continuing education centered around current and future trends and leadership development programs
- AIA Colorado’s most-celebrated events:
- The annual awards gala, a formal celebration to highlight the best work in the state
- The Practice + Design Conference, which includes networking opportunities with more than 600 design professionals, keynotes by nationally and internationally renowned speakers, exhibits and demos of the newest products and services.
- Resources like AIA Contract Documents, market research and business/risk management tools
To join AIA Colorado as an architect, you must be:
- Currently residing or working in Colorado and
- Currently licensed to practice architecture in the United States
Note: A copy of your active architect’s license must be provided with your application.
You are eligible to change your status from “Associate AIA” to “AIA” once you have earned your license to practice architecture in the United States. A copy of your current license is required to process this change. There is no cost to change your status. Download the status change form.
You are eligible to change your status to Emeritus if you have been in good standing with AIA for 15 consecutive years immediately prior to your application OR have 25 non-consecutive years of membership + three years immediately preceding, and either
- are at least 70 years old and are retired from an occupation related to architecture
- or have retired due to being unable to work in an occupation related to architecture
Download the Emeritus application.