You love architecture because you’re passionate about the way the world around us is designed, and you’re committed to continually honing your skills.
Join AIA Colorado as an Associate AIA member and allow us to celebrate your contributions to Colorado, support you in your career progression and connect you with like-minded leaders in the profession who will mentor you and help propel your career to the next level.
We’ll also connect you with your peers and facilitate opportunities to share challenges and successes to help you further grow in your career.
Your AIA Colorado Membership Gives You Access to:
- A network of more than 2,400 top design professionals in Colorado and 90,000 across the U.S.
- The ability to distinguish yourself with the Associate AIA credential after your name, which symbolizes members who are working toward licensure and are committed to the highest standards
- Support and resources to help you fast-track your progress toward licensure
- Access to the AIA Colorado job board to find your perfect fit within a firm
- Opportunities to get engaged and make a difference in your community through one of our committees, task forces or knowledge communities
- The ability to advocate on behalf of architects, with AIA Colorado by your side
- Continuing education centered around current and future trends, leadership development and making a difference in your community
- AIA Colorado’s most-celebrated events:
- The annual awards gala, a formal celebration to highlight the best work in the state
- The Practice + Design Conference, which includes networking opportunities with more than 600 design professionals, keynotes by nationally and internationally renowned speakers, exhibits and demos of the newest products and services.
- Resources like AIA Contract Documents, market research and business/risk management tools
You are eligible to be an Associate AIA if you are not licensed to practice architecture, but meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Hold a professional degree in architecture*
- Are currently working under the supervision of an architect**
- Are currently enrolled in the Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and working toward licensure***
- are a faculty member in a university program in architecture
* applicant must provide a copy of their diploma
** applicant must provide a written letter from supervising architect
*** NCARB ID# required
You are eligible for up to 18 months of free membership at both the national and Colorado level!
Both NAAB and Non-NAAB degree holders are eligible; find out if you qualify by calling Carin Haen at 303.228.3911.
Associate memberships cost $236 for the 2020 year.
International Associate memberships cost $319 for the 2020 year.
You are eligible to change your status from “Associate AIA” to “AIA” once you have earned your license to practice architecture in the United States. A copy of your current license is required to process this change. There is no cost to change your status. Download the status change form.