On April 1, Professional Affiliate Phil Cardi, Managing Member of Cardi, Schulte and Ford, LLC, gave a virtual presentation about how COVID-19 may impact your contracts.
See his top takeaways below:
- Understand your contractual commitments for services and the schedules for each project.
- Determine whether your contract has a clause that will entitle you to an adjustment of schedule due to the pandemic.
- Communicate with your clients and consultants about how the pandemic is impacting your firm’s ability to perform services.
- Be specific and document the aspects of service that are delayed, compromised, or otherwise impacting project delivery.
- After reviewing each of your projects, communicate in writing and gain your client’s concurrence with schedule adjustments.
- Do not compromise your firm’s services, especially things that require out of office work, such as site visits.
- Take the time to do it right and meet the professional standard of care. If you need more time, ask for it.