If you’d like to connect with other architects in your area and don’t see what you’re looking for on the AIA Colorado calendar, then a Local Connect might be just right for you.
Local Connects are a pilot program in 2019 that enable you to organize one of three opportunities to connect with fellow architects in your area for networking, learning and good times. Advertise it to more members through AIA Colorado, and even apply for up to $50 to help cover the cost of supplies, refreshments, etc.
What can I do?
Organize a Local Connect to network with colleagues in your local area.
Choose from the following three options:
- Hard hat tours/building tours
- Firm roundtable/local guest speaker or firm principal presentation at your firm
- Engage with local government*
*This might include a meeting with the local building department, a design charrette or a panel with a local government entity.
How do I do it?
Follow these simple steps to plan a Local Connect.
- At least 30 days out, email email@example.com to ensure there are no conflicts with scheduled AIA programming.
- Determine and confirm the following:
- Date & time
- Host email address for collecting RSVP’s
- Logistics information like parking, safety equipment requirements, etc.
- Once you’ve confirmed those details, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can post your Local Connect on the AIA Colorado calendar and advertise it to members.
- You may request up to $50 to help cover the cost of refreshments and supplies.
- Simply email email@example.com with your receipt and description of how the $50 is used.
- Be sure to take photos at your Local Connect and tag us or send them to us so that we can share with members!
More info & guidelines
Here’s a little more info to make it even easier to plan a Local Connect.
- You may request up to $50 to help cover the cost of refreshments, supplies, speaker travel, etc. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your receipt and a description of how the $50 is used.
- Local Connects should be free for members to attend–they are meant to be a low-key way for members to meetup and learn from one another.
- Planning and attending Local Connects is available to all members: AIA, Associate AIA and Professional Affiliate.
- If there is continuing education available through your Local Connect, members can self-report applicable experiences for AIA Learning Units by logging into aia.org and selecting career > course self report.