The Architectural Education Foundation, in partnership with AIA Colorado, offers traveling and professional development scholarships to support your educational endeavors and gain more experience.
The Licensure Advancement Fund is a new initiative of AIA Colorado, supported by The Architectural Education Foundation, to help AIA Colorado Associate members experiencing economic hardship to continue on the path to licensure.
What can the Licensure Advancement Fund cover?
The fund can reimburse expenses related to the costs of achieving a license to practice architecture in the Colorado, such as:
- ARE exam fees
- Subscription to ArchiPrep, AIA’s premier online ARE prep resource designed to help emerging professionals get licensed faster
- Initial application fee to establish an NCARB record or annual renewal fee for NCARB record
- Licensing fee for Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) for newly-licensed architects
Member must show proof of payment to receive reimbursement. There is a maximum $500 total benefit per member (support can include multiple expenses).
Who is eligible for support from the Licensure Advancement Fund?
AIA Colorado Associate members on the path to licensure who are experiencing economic hardship. Members must be in good standing at the time of application.
2021 TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED
2021 ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Architectural Education Foundation, AIA Colorado was created by five devoted AIA Colorado members on 23, 1934 to “advance the interest of the profession of architecture in the State of Colorado.”
This special fund was established by Robert Fuller, FAIA, William E. Fisher, FAIA, George H. Williamson, FAIA, William Bowman, AIA and Fred Montjoy, AIA. Their vision for the Architectural Education Foundation was to create a fun that would award scholarships, grants and prizes to advance the profession.On December 18, 1944, the Trust Fund was transferred to AIA Colorado. Robert K. Fuller was designated its Permanent Trustee. On February 16, 1961, the Fund was incorporated as a separate, tax free, nonprofit corporation.
In 1961 the first scholarship was awarded by the Architectural Education Foundation, 27 years for the five founders’ originally created the fund.
Since the first $600 scholarship was presented in 1961, the Architectural Education Foundation, AIA Colorado has awarded more than $800,000 in scholarships, grants and other awards to more than two hundred-fifty students, architects and teachers.
Over the past forty years, architects, faculty members and students alike, have returned to school for study or have had a research project funded because they received assistance through the Architectural Education Foundation, AIA Colorado.
For questions about the fund or specific scholarships or grants, please contact Robert K. Fuller II, AIA at 303-333-3320.
If you are sending a donation or correspondence to the Architectural Education Foundation, please address to:
Architectural Education Foundation
c/o Robert Fuller, AIA
3320 E 2nd Ave
Denver CO, 80206
2020 Scholarship Recipients:
- Hobart D. Wagener Scholarship recipient: Ben Burghart, Assoc. AIA
- Arthur & Florence Fisher Scholarship Award recipient: Ming-Yi Wong, AIA
- Robert & Virginia Fuller Scholarship recipient: Susannah Drake, FAIA
2019 Scholarship Recipients:
- Hobart D. Wagener Scholarship 2019 recipient: Avik Guha, AIA
- James M. Hunter Scholarship 2019 recipient: Gregory Hise
- Arthur & Florence Fisher Scholarship Award 2019 recipient: Sheva Willoughby, AIA
- Robert & Virginia Fuller Scholarship 2019 recipients: Meg Schubert Allen, AIA and Drew Allen, AIA
- AIA South Annual Conference Scholarship 2019 recipient: Diana Esquivel, Assoc. AIA
- Colorado North Scholarship awarded for study in environmental design at the University of Colorado – Boulder: Victor Gonzales
- Garry G. Landin Scholarship awarded to fourth year architecture student: McKaelain Collins
- C. Gordon Sweet Scholarship combined with Anniversary Scholarship to total $3,000 award to an architecture student at the University of Colorado: Ana Colon Quinones
- Kenneth R. Fuller Scholarship awarded to a third or fourth year student in architecture, University of Colorado – Denver: Alec Stoltz
- Michael Kephart Scholarship awarded to a student at College of Architecture, University of Colorado – Denver: Sarah Vanderpool
- De Von M. Carlson Scholarship awarded for graduate study in Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado – Denver: Claudia O’Herron
- William C. & Priscilla W. Muchow Scholarship awarded for graduate study in Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado – Denver: Genevieve Hampton
- Temple Hoyne Buell Scholarship awarded for graduate study in Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado – Denver: Megan Cranston
- Robert K. Fuller Scholarship awarded for graduate study in Architecture and Planning, University of Colorado – Denver: Shane Krenn
2018 Scholarship Recipients:
- Alicia Davis, AIA was awarded the AIA Colorado West Professional Development Scholarship to attend a CAD-1 Revit Architectural Fundamentals Class
- Ryan Houser, Assoc. AIA was awarded the James M. Hunter, FAIA Scholarship to research Mexico’s healthcare infrastructure and design
- Melissa Ford, AIA was awarded the Arthur A. & Florence G. Fisher Traveling Scholarship to study adaptive reuse concepts in Italy to inform decisions being made in Denver
- Katie Finnegan, AIA was awarded the Robert & Virginia Fuller Traveling Scholarship to explore how Iceland’s architecture is influence by culture, materials and landscape
- Max McCloskey, AIA was awarded the Hobart D. Wagener, FAIA Traveling Scholarship to study innovative learning environments in Scandinavia.
- Diana Esquivel, Assoc. AIA was awarded the AIA Colorado South Annual Conference Scholarship to attend the 2018 AIA Colorado Practive + Design Conference
- Mike Kephart Scholarship
- Sofia Bruni – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Temple Hoyne Buell Scholarship
- Rebekka Thy – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- William C. & Priscilla W. Muchow Scholarship
- Grant Johnson – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Stephen Edwards – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Kenneth R. Fuller Scholarship
- Genevieve Hampton – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- De Von M. Carlson Scholarship
- Luke Enssle – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Robert K. Fuller Scholarship for Graduate Study
- Intan Yokelson – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Oscar Sanchez Scholarship
- Mariah Bowman – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Gary G. Landin Scholarship
- BillieJo Deininger – CU Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- AIA Colorado North Scholarship
- Madison Castello – CU Boulder Environmental Design Program
- C. Gordon Sweet Scholarship
- Kyle Burds – CU Boulder Environmental Design Program